Our client is looking to hire a Senior Backend Python Engineer. The position is focused on cutting-edge technologies working quickly, continuously looking at improving and implementing relevant technologies with a big drive towards automation, Big Data, and efficient process management. Current technologies used are Azure Synapse, Apache Airflow, Spark, Python, EDB, RabbitMQ etc.
The successful candidate will be expected to drive their solution end to end and to deliver high-quality products. Innovation is intrinsic to the department. The role requires one to participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle and coach developers. Create high-quality products that meet client needs and align with company strategy. This back-end development role focuses more on data ingestion and distribution.
- Tech stack: Object-Oriented Programming in Python, SQL (92 standard minimum), DBMS (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, EDB), ETL and ELT experience, big data technologies, Docker, Continuous Integration (CI), Python programming, Apache Airflow, Azure, Windows and Linux proficiency.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field.
- +7 years’ experience in one or more programming languages, with +3 years of solid Python experience.
- Minimum five years of databases and SQL experience.
- Proven track record in solutions design.
- Azure experience beneficial.
- Experience with setting up and deploying applications to run in docker (optional, including Kubernetes experience) on various hosts.
- Experience in monitoring, optimising, and maintaining the above setup.
- Five years of financial services industry experience (Advantageous).
- Five years Credit Bureau related experience (Advantageous).
This is a permanent position based in Johannesburg.