Our client is looking to hire a Senior Java Engineer who will research, analyse and evaluate requirements for existing or new software applications and designs, develops, tests and maintain software solutions. The successful candidate will need to construct and implement software platforms at application and enterprise sub-system levels and will need to understand system functionality at enterprise sub-system level. The successful candidate is object-orientated, has a functional programming mindset, proficient in two or more programming languages and adheres to standards set out by the senior and tech lead developers within the team.
- Java (most recently Java 8).
- PostgreSql and other relational databases (experience in non-relational databases will be advantages), CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Bitbucket Pipelines.
- Matric Certificate.
- Degree or Diploma in Software Development or Computer Science.
- 7+ Years Software Development/Programming Experience.
- Significant experience could replace the need for formal education.
- Experience in SDLC.
- Experience in Jira and Confluence or other ticketing system.
- Experience in Data Base Design.
This is a permanent position based in Johannesburg.