The Network Engineer will be assigned to project management teams working within the larger EMEA group globally. As part of an organisation’s IT team, Network Engineers work closely with Business Analysts, Network Architects and IT Managers. The successful candidate will enter an exciting project within the organisation. The company is undertaking a complete network redesign, replacing the majority of existing infrastructure. This is a capital-intensive project offering excellent opportunities to be involved with updating and changing to the latest networking technologies.
Qualifications and Experience
- 12+ years of validated experience in designing, implementing, documenting, and troubleshooting network technologies in a large globally diverse environment.
- Advanced level hands-on configuration of networking equipment, management tools and network analysers.
- Proven experience writing detailed methods of procedure and maintain documentation, including the creation of Visio drawings or Lucid drawings.
- Network Automation experience with Python and/or Ansible strongly preferred.
- Cisco CCNP certification and/or skillset level required.
- Advanced level understanding and implementation of commonly deployed WAN technologies and concepts – P2P, MPLS, VRF, Wave, SONET, DWDM, SD-WAN, WAN Optimization.
- Advanced knowledge of Layer 3 technologies, including – IPv4, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, PIM, HSRP, DMVPN, NHRP, and GETVPN.
- Advanced level knowledge of Layer 2 technologies, including – Spanning-Tree, VLANs, QinQ, Dot1q.
- Advanced level knowledge of traffic prioritization technologies and techniques including – QoS, TOS, COS, LLQ, CBWFQ, WFQ, Shaping, Policing, MPLS-VPN QoS.
- Advanced level knowledge of Cloud Networking technologies is strongly preferred.
- Advanced level knowledge of security including IPS, WAF, DDOS, firewalls, ISE and edge security is preferred.