The Social Media Customer Engagement Officer will be responsible for; monitoring the Group’s social media platforms, conducting strategic external listening, engaging with customers and other stakeholders on a daily basis to resolve customer complaints (in line with Customer Care Policy), and positively influencing the social media community with regards to the reputation of the Group. The ideal candidate will have an understanding and job-related experience in social media and online reputation management, not marketing.
Key critical skills and Responsibilities:
Communications – Social Media Communication and Customer Engagement:
- Demonstrate competence, up-to-date knowledge, and understanding of job-related social media and online reputation management.
- Engage with customers in a professional, meaningful manner to avoid escalations and ensure timely responses to issues and concerns raised by stakeholders.
- Combine team inputs, operational knowledge, and departmental guidelines to ensure the best possible response to resolve reputational issues.
- Align digital responses with the Customer Care Policy to ensure consistent practices.
- Maintain levels of social service as required by organizational standards.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Ability.
- Understand, analyse, and interpret reputational risks for the retailer on social media and make sound decisions to mitigate such risks.
- Monitor Online Reputation Management (ORM) tools on a continuous basis.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content and report back to line and senior management.
- Identify and execute opportunities to generate positive customer feedback.
- Adhere to reputational risk control measures within the business.
- Liaise with internal departments and operations to facilitate swift resolution of customer complaints.
- Liaise with operational and other stakeholders to gather information about issues on the company’s social pages and discuss with management.
- Clearly communicate complex issues to senior management to gather information to efficiently and effectively handle such matters.
- Report daily/weekly on reputational risk issues.
- Report complaint trends to management for corrective action measures to be put in place.
- Draft monthly reports on social customer interactions, trends, and opportunities.
Certificate/Diploma/Degree in social media/Journalism/Communications/Marketing.
- 4 – 6 years Social Media Customer Service experience.
- 2 – 3 years of Customer Relations/Complaint Handling experience.
- 4 – 6 years Job-related Social Media Knowledge (Blogging, Facebook, Twitter).
- 2 – 3 years of Customer Service Knowledge.
- 2 – 3 years job-related Reputation Management Knowledge.